HIPAA IT Compliance Solutions
A Partner in HIPAA IT Compliance and Security
We offer a blend of HIPAA IT compliance, security, and workflow solutions to efficiently reach HIPAA compliance validation.
HIPAA is an acronym for Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. The Act was created in 1996 and its focus is to protect patient health information.
Meeting HIPAA compliance standards takes time, personnel, and other resources away from your business. INC Tech offers easy-to-implement, comprehensive HIPAA IT security services in a timely, accurate, and headache-free solution.
INC Tech’s HIPAA Risk Assessment Helps Improve Security and Reduces Costs
By analyzing your organization’s workflows and data paths, we can help to establish more efficient data environments to improve security processes and remove costly, unnecessary steps from the workflow.
HIPAA Risk Analysis
Our HIPAA security risk analysis is a crucial part of HIPAA compliance, we will guide you through a comprehensive risk analysis to identify potential security issues that put your patients’ data and business at risk.
Privacy Rule examples:
- Train all employees on its privacy policies and procedures
- Properly dispose of documents containing protected health information
- Secure medical records with lock and key or pass code
- Create procedure for individuals to know to whom they can submit a complaint about a covered entity’s compliance with the Privacy Rule
To be HIPAA Compliant you need to:
- Establish a set of security standards
- Protect health information held or transmitted in electronic form – Learn more about MailFlow & MailSafe
- Require administrative, physical, and technical safeguards – Learn more about Biometric Security
- Support the Privacy Rule requirements to reasonably safeguard ‘Patient Health Information (PHI)’ in all forms
Security Rule Examples:
- Designate a security officer who oversees compliance
- Maintain policies & procedures that guide proper use of workstations and electronic media
- Ensure all employees have unique passwords – learn more about ShareSync and CloudSync
- Limit physical access to covered entity’s facilities – learn more about our Biometric Access Systems
HIPAA IT Compliance Rules govern two groups: covered entities and business associates.
Who should be HIPAA compliant?
Examples of ‘covered entities’ are:
Examples of business associates are:
For more information visit The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) website.